Now That You Are Wearing Braces…
- DO NOT DRINK SODA!: Dark or Clear. These drinks contain phosphoric acid. (a powerful attacker of tooth enamel) Water is BEST!
- Do not CHEW or CRUNCH ICE!
- Do not eat hard candy – Jaw Breakers, Sweet Tarts, Jolly Ranchers, Snickers, Cry Babies, Life Savers, anything hard.
- Do not eat sticky candy, such as – Now & Latter, Fruit Roll Ups, Skittles, Sugar Daddy’s, Taffy, Caramels, Gummy Bears, etc.
- Do not eat popcorn, crackerjacks, peanuts, or other hard nuts!
- Do NOT CHEW BUBBLE GUM!, but sugarless gum is fine.
- Do not eat corn on the cob. Cut it off the cob and then eat it!
- Do not eat raw carrots-unless shredded.
- Do not eat or suck on lemons. The acid in them is horrible for your teeth. However, you may have lemon pie, lemonade, or lemon in your tea, etc.
- Do not bite directly into apples or pears – cut into small bite size pieces.
- Do not pick at your appliances, or run your fingers or tongue under or around wires.
We Recommend You Use An Anti-Cavity Flouride Rinse
Available at your local drug stores
Use the fluoride rinse everyday
Rinse after you brush right before bed time.
Try not to eat or drink anything for 30 minutes after you rinse.
PLEASE CALL US IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS
(PRINT THIS PAGE. TAPE IT TO THE MIRROR IN YOUR BEDROOM AND/OR BATHROOM)