We are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our office. Your initial appointment will consist of a thorough examination and a discussion of potential treatment options. This important 60 minute visit will give us insight into your orthodontic needs. We know your time is valuable, so to expedite treatment, we reserve time during the exam for complete diagnostic records. The records include panoramic X-rays, cephalometric X-rays, and intra- and extra-oral photos. These are necessary for developing the appropriate treatment plan.
Our exams are comprehensive, and as such, we encourage all parties that will be involved in both the treatment and financial decisions to be present at the first visit. This allows our doctors to meet everyone and allows the family to ask any questions they may have about orthodontic treatment.
During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well, as our doctors are eager to educate our patients about their orthodontic treatment options.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
While we can often answer these general questions about treatment during the initial examination, we will address specific areas after careful analysis of the diagnostic records. We feel it is important to analyze each patient’s specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.
To schedule your complimentary consultation, contact us here or call us at 864 579 7700.